Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:50:44 -0500
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Listserv Admin wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:31:22 -0500
> From: Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Listserv password question
>
> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Tim Ramsey wrote:
> >
> > This worked for me:
> >
> >   pwc add address password pw=CREATEPW
>
> I believe this only works if a password for the address does not currently
> exist.  If the address already has a password, then you are just informed
> that one already exists and when it was created.  I do not know if there
> is a way to force a change; I recall wishing there was last year when I
> was asked to pre-set passwords for all students in a class.  I could be
> wrong about this, btw.

True, but in my case, this was the appropriate solution. I think the
problem was that when I attempted to spoof the address that needed to
receive the Listserv password, our mailer refused to tack on the name of
its subnet domain, whereas with "pwc" I was able to specify the exact
address I wanted.

Thanks.