Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:37:46 -0400
Hey folks, changing the subject to something that is actually
on-topic here ...

All summer I've been trying to figure out how to get a USENET
site for one of my home.ease.lsoft.com discussion lists.  Mostly
I have gotten messages saying, "Why would you want to get on
USENET?"  Please, I already have my reasons.  I don't want those
would be gated for a reason.  I know what I am doing.

Except ... the only way I knew how to get to USENET with a
moderated list was ... via The Gate At American University.

Which appears to have died.  Or if not dead, then terminally ill.

After Jim ran screaming from the building, Paul took over the
task of running the show, and now he has run screaming from the
building.

SO -- what now?  Is there such a thing as a moderated USENET
site by itself without a list?  Do I NEED the gateway to accomplish
what I want -- which is basically an announcements newsgroup, not
a chit-chat newsgroup?  I don't want it to look like bit.admin
does these days ...

Or are there other gateways?  How do I get from here to there?

All advice welcome -- except suggestions that I use a website instead
of USENET.  I KNOW about that and that's not what I want to do with
this, okay?

Thanks --

Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>