Jim Toth <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:19:10 -0400
I just created three lists for a user:

x-faculty, x-staff, and x-faculty-staff.

In x-faculty-staff, I included the line:

Sub-List= x-staff,x-faculty-staff

then subscribed a test user to x-faculty, another to x-staff, and
tried to send from the first test user to x-faculty-staff.  Bounce!

Ok, after a bit of fiddling with the documentation I changed

Send=Private to Send=Private,(x-faculty),(x-staff) then send another
test message.  No bounce, nothing! Then ten minutes later it comes,
and sending another test message while tail -f'ing the logs shows:

18 Sep 2000 16:50:28 Processing file 5196334 from [log in to unmask]
-> Not a subscriber, will process in 10 minutes.

Bah!  I want instantaneity!  I suppose I could fiddle with the spam
settings, since Send's set to Private and those two lists (which are
set to Private), but I don't like that idea much.  Is there a better
way?

Hmm, speaking of logs, does anyone have a set of shell scripts for
rotating/analyzing the listserv logs?  I could do it, but I don't feel
like reinventing the wheel.

--
Jim Toth
Please don't CC me on stuff you're sending to the list.  Thanks.