Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:05:59 -0400
>I'm not clear on how autodelete works:
>
>In Auto-delete=yes,semi-Auto,delay(4),max(10):
>
>how does "delay" work.  I assume the number is number of contiguous
>days.  When the first bounce occurs, an entry is made into the
>listname.autodel file so they can be monitored.  Then what?

It sounds like you understand it.  An address starts being monitored
when LISTSERV receives a bounce (in a format it understands) for the
address in question.

If four consecutive days pass without another bounce being received,
the address is no longer monitored.

If another bounce is received on day #4 the address is removed.

If ten bounces are received in a four-day period the address is
removed after the 10th bounce.  (So for instance if ten bounces are