Date: Mon 16 Feb 87 01:54:31-PST
From: Andy Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [Revised List Processor (1.5f) <LISTSERV@cmuccvma>: Important
To: [log in to unmask]

The "It should tell how to get to a human" comment referred to the
FIRST message I received from listserv.  I sent a "what are you
talking about" and received an error message that said to ask for
help.  (You get points for that, thanks.  One can argue that messages
in the wrong syntax should be forwarded to a human instead of
generating an error message, but ....)  It wasn't until I got the
response from the help message that I got a human's address.  By then,
I'd wasted a considerable amount of time; I knew that I needed to talk
to a human after I received the first message.

To restate what I should have said clearly the first time, almost
every messages that listserv sends that should include a pointer to
its human keeper.  All error messages should include a pointer.

thanks,
-andy
-------

Comments?