Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:46:33 -0500
On 4 Jan 2007 at 10:55, Michael DeGregory wrote:

> If I set a list with auto-delete properties of Max(100), Delay(0) what will
> that due. Will that disregard the Delay option totally and just look at the
> Max property? Or will it just auto-delete a person if just one bounce
> occurs?

Delay(0) will force an immediate auto-delete on the first bounce it
gets. Max will be ignored if Delay is 0.

> Also what happens if the MAX or Delay has not been reached yet and the
> address that was bouncing then receives the next mailing, shouldn't the Max
> and Delay get reset then? Just as soon as a successfully mailing goes
> through?

No, because it only knows about bounces. It does not know whether a
mailing that did not bounce actually was received or was just lost in
the ether.

See the Tech Tip from this issue of LISTSERV at Work for help with
setting the Auto-Delete correctly:

http://www.lsoft.com/news/issue1-2006-us.asp

--
Francoise Becker

There is only one LISTSERV(R) -- the product that launched the
email list communication industry in 1986. To discover the
story behind LISTSERV, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/20anniversary.asp