Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 10:33:25 -0400
Poster:       Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>

>I would like to add my name to an earlier request for a way to capture
>raw subscription requests.  A daily digest of requests, each complete
>with all headers, could be sent to the postmast/listserv-maintainer.
>
>Overnight I had almost 30 sub/command/posting attempts from someone:
>       Mr. Stumble <[log in to unmask]> ( "User unknown" )
>Would REALLY be nice if I could provide that postmaster more info !

Warning:

Another list just got subscriptions from the following rather suspicious
addresses:

>[log in to unmask]                              Mr Vortex
>[log in to unmask]                 Mr Stumble
>[log in to unmask]                          Mr Nimbus
>[log in to unmask]                          Mr Fiend
>[log in to unmask]                    Mr Sheik

You might want to check for those names / addresses as well ... sounds like
something's up.

Now, I *keep* all subscription requests (although ours is a closed, i.e.
subscription by owner, list), at least for a while, but having a
handy-dandy little digest-cum-headers of these things is definitely
beginning to look like a desideratum.

Mario Rups