"Terry A Moore (3380 BIC-03)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 00:39:01 -0500
First attempt at creating a filelist for any list on my server and
I am not having much success.  Here's what I've done.  Can anyone
tell me where I've gone wrong?

1. Updated LISTSERV FILELIST to add my new filelist definition.
   PUT LISTSERV FILELIST PW=secret
   with the following new record
    TEST-L FILELIST OWN OWN . . . . . List of files for TEST-L list

   Listserv told me this was successfully stored, and I can retrieve
   a copy and see that the . . . . . fields were updated (e.g nrecs=0)

   So far, so good.

2. Sent a new filelist for TEST-L to listserv
   PUT TEST-L FILELIST PW=secret
   with some comment records and the following:
    TEST-L WELCOME OWN OWN . . . . . Welcome message for TEST-L list

   Listserv told me this was successfully stored, but when I retrieve
   it, the TEST-L WELCOME records looks exactly as I keyed it.  That
   is to say, the . . . . . fields were not update at all.

   Looks like something has gone wrong already, and that's confirmed
   in step 3...

3. When I try to PUT TEST-L WELCOME, listserv tells me:
   File "TEST-L WELCOME" is unknown to LISTSERV, PUT request rejected.

For the record, I'm running 1.8b on VM/ESA

| Terry A. Moore - [log in to unmask]              |
| LISTSERV Maintainer for [log in to unmask]     |