"Eckstine, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:18:25 -0700
Myself I would do the hard hand edit for the thousand owners and go through and revisit each list configuration. I'd start with the most critical ones. I'd reduce the owner lines to just the email address and nothing else.

I've looked for a mass owner edit something or other but never found anything. The only auto process I can think of would be to make a Regular Expression search and replace work over the files in the file system. But given that a line of text can have multiple owners then the time it would take me to create and run the corrext regex, I could probably hand edit the files faster.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Listserv Manager
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 6.0 Configuration Wizard doesn't like our Owner Information

Wizard doesn't like our Owner Information

We just upgraded to 16.0 from 14.4, and I didn't pick up what is probably going to turn into a major problem for us. Many of our owner lines are of the form:

Owner= [log in to unmask]  (Joe Schlabotnik, 999-999-9999)

Manual edit is quite happy, but the wizard is not. The parser sees the comma, and whatever follows (in this case, 999-999-9999) becomes another owner! That is invalid, and when saving, throws an error. We have hundreds (probably over a thousand) in this format and have been that way "forever." School is about to open and lots of people are going to encounter this error- a problem for them and a public relations disaster for Listserv. Yeah, we should have picked this up earlier, but we were in a bit of a hurry to get upgraded, being so far behind.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance for your response.
Nelson

Nelson R. Pardee, Support Analyst, Information Technology and Services
Syracuse University, CST 1-205, Syracuse, NY 13244         (315) 443-1079