Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:12:10 -0500
>  > In May 2001, I submitted an enhancement request to change
>  > this behavior, so that the use of 'Language= NoHTML'
>  > would result in rejection of a single part message with
>  > the content-type of 'text/html'. A copy of the request
>  > was posted to this list and is available in the list archives
>  > <http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0105&L=lstsrv-l&P=R5031>.
>  > See that posting for a more detailed discussion of this issue. To
>  > the best of my knowledge, there was no response from L-Soft.
>
>Aha.  Thanks, Paul.  Now that you've whacked me with the clue-by-four,
>I remember reading your request at the time.
>
>So color me slow, but I'll join the bandwagon: Paul's right.  A lot
>of us will be seeing this problem this week, due to all the Bagle
>variants floating around.  This would be a helpful tool.

Actually, starting with LISTSERV 1.8e 'Language= NoHTML' is supposed
to result in HTML-only messages being rejected.  See
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/v18e-mnt.html#other> and
specifically the second bullet point under 'Other changes and fixes'.

I'm not sure if the original poster was using 1.8e or an earlier
version of LISTSERV.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.