Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Oct 1991 20:15:04 +0100
On Fri, 11 Oct 1991 13:56:27 EST Rex Bontrager <REXB@PURCCVM> said:

>The list owner tried your suggestion and got the following response:
>
>* You  are   not  a  registered   NAD  (Node  Administrator)   for  node
>* ROOSTER.ACN.PURDUE.EDU (...)
>
>My question stands. Is there another answer?

My mistake. The node administrator  and LISTSERV maintainer can alter the
subscriptions of their  users via AFD FOR.  The owner of the  file is not
allowed to alter any subscription but  his own, nor to display the prolog
text of other  people's subscriptions. All he  can do is find  out who is
subscribed, for his information.

If  what is  being distributed  is text  files and  the owner  wants full
control over who gets what, why not use a mailing list?

  Eric