Damon Green <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:17:57 +0100
Folks,
I've moved my installation of Listserv to another server and everything but
the web interface seems to be working fine, the problem I have is that it
doesn't want to recognise users passwords, it just times out the page when
authentication is put in the form.

I've recompiled wa and replaced the binary, it will issue new passwords, but
then refuses to accept them. If I enter an incorrect password it recognises
the fact and throws an incorrect password exception, if I put the password
in a cookie, it will create the cookie and allow me access to the next page
(lets say the list managers page) but won't let me get any further (like
viewing subscribers for a list)

It hints at a problem with the passwords file to me, where are the passwords
stored? Any other ideas?

System is Solaris 8 iPlanet 4.1 and listserv 1.8d

Thanks!

Damon Green
Webmaster - beeb.com