Russell Leighton <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:16:20 -0600
I can send normal emails to him.  I'm pretty sure that it is his
firewall.  I just want everything covered before I start putting the
issue on another IT department.

Russell W. Leighton, Jr.
American Association for Respiratory Care
IT Coordinator
9425 N. MacArthur Blvd, Suite 100
Irving, TX  75063
Direct:  972-406-4671
Fax:  972-484-2720

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Invalid sender address

Russell Leighton <[log in to unmask]> wrote on 03/11/2010
12:54:19
PM:

> I am getting this error for just this user on one of my lists.  When
he
> tries to manually login to my listserv site he gets this error:
> "SonicWALL - Blocked by Application Firewall".  I think his firewall
is
> blocking my listserv emails because he is the only account on that
list
> that gets an error message back to me.

Someone's SonicWall firewall, possibly at the user's site, is blocking
the
connection to your listserv server.  I would be that it is because the
URL
contains ".EXE" and it thinks it may be a link to an executable malware
and bblocks it.

> This is what I receive from my listserv.

Is this the same user??  The web access issue is probably separate from
an
invalid address issue.  Can you send emails directly to this user?

> I am just trying to cover all my bases before I tell his IT department
> to look at their side.  Has anyone had this error that ended up being
> their fault.

Lots of luck on that one!

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or
entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if
this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that

you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or
any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.