Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 May 1992 16:47:03 CDT
   After an update in PEERS NAMES today folks started receiving notes
like the following from LISTEARN sites (DEARN and PLWRTU11 are ones for which
I've seen samples).

   It appears that around 17:30 GMT today the PEERS NAMES file was
updated on the network.  This made our primary backbone target MIZZOU1
instead of UGA.

   This is rather critical because the KIDLink project which connects
young people age 10-15 is having their KIDS-92 events today and
tomorrow!

   Is LISTEARN dependent on some other sort of update to recognize
new backbone servers (I suspect MIZZOU1 just became a backbone server
today)?  What can be done to hasten acceptance of the change or
if there is a problem in PEERS NAMES get that fixed?

   If anyone has seen bounces like this today from NON LISTEarn hosts
please let me know.  Thanks!   Marty

You are not allowed to use inter-server DISTRIBUTE control keywords. Your
DISTRIBUTE job has been transferred to the postmaster.
File has been transferred to postmaster.

-----