Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:55:58 -0700
At 12:54 PM 12/18/98 -0600, Chris Barnes wrote:
>Who/how do I contact the appropriate people at Lsoft so that they
>are now the ones who get notifications of stuff and are able to request
>technical help?

If they can't figure that out, you're in VERY deep yogurt indeed.

>On the off-chance that this is good enough, the email address of the
>group is [log in to unmask]

What is LSoft supposed to do, teach them to read the manuals?  Hold their
hands?

>PS. they are having a hard time getting the web based administation of
> lists working under 1.8d - regular web archives are working fine.  Also,
> the Probe function (not the one that goes with Renewal) is not working
> right either.

Sounds like TAMU has decided to let LISTSERV services wither on the vine,
die of neglect, etc.  Knowing the usual situation in U**x groups at
universities, they're overworked, underpaid, and being continually hustled
by headhunters to go make big bucks in the private sector.  If they're not,
they're not worth having in said group.

If the TAMU administration can't/won't give LISTSERV some attention, sounds
like you'd better look for another host.  LISTSERV is awesome, but it still
takes a bit of loving care from somebody.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/