"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jul 1992 11:08:01 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] says:

>Someone attempted to sign on the the list PJML@UTXVM with the following
>address:

>MJS%A1@UTRC

>LISTSERV apparently thinks this is a BITNET address, but a list of Node Ids
>and error messages indicates it isn't.

>Any ideas as to where this address is from, or how I could even contact this
>person to let them know that LISTSERV is having trouble with their address?

A quick ckeck of the NIC.DDN.MIL WHOIS UTRC. -

SunOS UNIX (nic.ddn.mil) (ttys5)

NIC, SunOS Release 4.1.1 (NIC) #1:
@ whois utrc.
¦No nameá (UTRCGW)  UTRCGW.UTC.COM     192.65.177.2
University Twente (UTRCU1) UTRCU1.CIV.UTWENTE.NL      130.89.1.2

I also search Bitearn node and site keyword for any string 'utrc' -
no "hits".

/Pete