Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 14 Jul 1987 21:57 SET
  Before  I leave  for  UK I  have  sent out  a 1.5k  update  via the  INSTALL
mechanism to put all  servers back to the same level with  the same bugs being
fixed everywhere. You should  have an UPD15K MEMO in your  reader by now. Most
European sites have already been updated, and the stuff has now crossed the US
border (BITNIC was updated too). I  hope it will be received everywhere before
tomorrow so you  can contact me before  I leave if there is  a problem. Anyway
I'll be on ET@UKACRL  after that, but I won't have a LISTSERV  at hand to make
tests.

  Everything seems to have worked quite  nicely up to now. The EB0UB012 server
died  but according  to Jose  Maria, it  uses disks  shared with  the EB0UB011
server (some  of their physical DASD  are shared between the  2 systems) which
makes updating very tricky. Nuria, I think you should modify its LOCAL SYSVARS
to disallow automatic update.

  The  IBACSATA server  seems to  have lost  all the  shipment files.  It also
forwarded all of  its DISTRIBUTE job to TAUNIVM which  hopefully managed to do
the distribution. Giovanni, could you check that out to see what has happened?

  The USCVM server said that the INSTALL command was unknown, and that maybe I
would have more luck if I tried a HELP command. That's funny since it pretends
to be at 1.5j... Jose, could you check its STDCMD FILE?

  I'm describing these  problems on the list  so that if you  encounter one of
these, you know that it has already happened and that someone might have found
the problem :-)

Anyway good luck, Eric