CCMRG@BOSTONU
Fri, 5 Feb 88 16:21:31 EST

>* Lots of  users mistake LISTSERV  for NETSERV and  vice-versa, so that  I get
>  tons of REGISTERs and SUBSCRIBEs on  NETSERV and the same number of requests
>  for NETSERV FILELIST  on LISTSERV. I think that NETSERV  and LISTSERV should
>  be mixed, people do  not understand why there are two  servers, and they are
>  right.
>
>Jose Maria

I agree - eventually, we should be working towards one set of servers.
If NETSERV is not going to be THE public server - then maybe it can
be used for network administrivia only - rejecting requests from all
others. I am ignorant to EARN's policy of NETSERV, and also unaware
of BITNIC's policy. I am a TECHREP, I would not say that I am ignorant
of this information due to not looking for it - I have!

Comments?

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University

(The fights over this one should prove interesting)