Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:20:20 -0700
On Sun, 1 Feb 1998 18:43:23 -0500, derek eggers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm in the process of moving a listserv from 1.8c on a Unix machine to 1.8c on Windows NT.
>I'm having trouble subscribing the list members on the Unix lists to the NT lists.  A colleague has given me a description of how to use //ADD JOB command.  I've used the command in the past with success on the unix listserv, but it isn't working the same way for NT.

This is discussed fully in the SiteMgr manual 7.13.

The best way is you simply GET the entire list (header and subscribers) from the
UNIX box and use the PUT command to load them on the NT box.  (This will only
work with a non-line wrapping mailer, so don't try it with Microsoft mail.)

The bulk add syntax is

QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT [PW=?????]
//X DD *
user1@address Name 1
user2@address Name 2
etc