"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 17:55:56 -0500
I would check the header of the message the subscriber is trying to send
to see if the From address matches the address they used to subscribe.
Sometimes users configure their mail client to send the mail from an
alias which doesn't exactly match their subscribed address.

Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Unwanted confirmation request with LISTSERV 14.5

I received a request from the help desk here to look into a situation
where a list with "Send=Private" is requesting a subscription for a
subscriber's postings. The subscriber in question is not the owner of
the list. I checked the configuration of that list and also the
subscriber's subscription options. The subscriber is also not on review.
What would cause LISTSERV to request confirmation for a posting in this
situation? The header for this list is as follows:

*
* Fund Raisers
*
* Ack= Yes
* Confidential= Yes
* Default-Options= Ack,Repro
* Errors-To= Owners
* Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/home/fund-raisers,Monthly,Private
* Notify= Yes
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Darlene Lowe)
* Owner= Quiet:,[log in to unmask] (Computer Services Help Desk)
* Reply-To= List,Respect
* Review= Owner
* Send= Private
* Subscription= Owners