Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Feb 1991 16:04:47 EST
On Mon, 04 Feb 91 10:12:54 EST you said:

>Or just use this handy-dandy LISTSERV job that someone gave me when I
>needed to do the same.  Fill in however many user@node lines that you
>need and SENDFILE it to your LISTSERV.
>
>//Cleanup   JOB  Echo=No
>QUIET Delete * DD=NAMES ( NETWIDE
>//Names DD  *
>user1@hisnode
>user2@hisnode
>user3@hisnode
>/*

  I tried this program, with the appropriate userids added, and all I got was
a message from each listserv saying that I was not the NAD. It did specify a
few accounts who were NADs so I used one of them to submit this program. Now
almost all listservs say that I do not have a personal listserv password on
their listserv servers.  I am not going to go through all the listservers in
existence and establish passwords there. Is there anyway around this roadblock?
All I want to do is to unsubscribe closed accounts from various lists? I fail
to see why a listserv postmaster account cannot perform that simple function.
If these accounts were still opened, I could unsub them all from all lists,
but not when they're closed.  This seems like a silly restriction.

  Oh, a few listservs indicated that the account I submitted this program was
not a NAD, although most acknowledged that it was and a few acknowledged that
I was a NAD a did some deletions as appropriate. Why this inconsistency?

  Thanks in advance for your help.