"Alta M. Oben" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 May 1999 23:09:47 -0400
Our Internet user support team wants to change its method of handling
distribution of user queries and responses.  Currently, mail addressed to
[log in to unmask] is sent to the team members via a .forward file.  The
main reason we thought to switch to a LISTSERV list is so we can archive
the traffic in one location for members of the team to search for the great
answer one of us gave two months ago to the same question and use it again.

The person who runs our LISTSERV setup is not able to answer my questions
so I'm turning to this group.  I thank you for any help you can give me.

Some more background on what we want to do:

We would only subscribe the team members to the list.  We'd like the mail
coming to [log in to unmask] to go to the list.  We also would like replies
we send to go the original non-subscriber sender AND to the other team
members.  We also want a FROM: of [log in to unmask]

Can LISTSERV do these things together?  From reading the online manuals
today, the Reply-To seemed to be an either/or set to List or Sender not
both, and CC: seemed to be in templates and not the usual traffic.

Alta Oben
VA Vice President, Internet Services Director and
MetroMUG (Multimedia) SIG Chair, Capital PC User Group
http://cpcug.org/user/multimedia