"Donnici, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:24:53 -0700
New to ListServ and real new to this list... please forgive me if this has
been covered before or if I've overlooked a FAQ somewhere...

Using ListServ w/LSMTP in a Windows NT environment...  the vast majority of
our Listserv use is for DBMS-based, Announcement-Only lists. We pre-process
some tables to get the data in place and then have the appropriate Editor
send their message to the list... after confirming, ListServ goes through
the database and distributes the email.  No problems...

One of our editors has asked us to send all bounced messages to him so that
he can deal with the bad addresses. This is easy enough to do with the
Errors-To= setting, but I'm wondering what our options are for some more
advanced reporting when Listserv distributes an email on one of these
lists...

1 - Is it possible to get a consolidated list for one of these
"announcement" mailings?  X messages sent, Y bounced back, etc...

2 - Is it possible to get a report of some sort, ideally just an ASCII text
file with a list, containing all of the email addresses that were bounced
back?  This would let us automatically read those into our database, find
the row containing the bad address and set a flag... the next time the user
logs into our site, that flag could trigger something that says "Hey, check
the email address on your account because it doesn't work..."

In general some idea of what our reporting options are for processing sent
vs. bounced messages would be useful... maybe a FAQ somewhere?

Thanks,

Jefferey A. Donnici
Director of Software Development
Financial Times Energy