Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 07:35:06 -0500
  We have had the 1.8c beta running for a few months on what will be
our new listserv machine ([log in to unmask]) when we migrate
from VM.  There are only 2 lists currently running, both confidential
and I am using them to test listserv.  Last night I decided to upgrade from
the beta version to the released version after reading suggestions on
list to do so.

Well, around 23:00 last night, this Listserv decided to advertize its
existance to probably every bacbone server there is...sigh.  I didn't
regester it because I am still waiting for our Systems people to
do a fix for the solaris "MAIL FROM:<>" bug, which is going to happen
real soon, but not today or tomorrow.  I'm sure this has caused
problems (bounces) because I have some here from other Listserv
sites.  My question is, can I prevent listserv from talking to
other listserv sites (I don't recall this ever happening before
until I registered Listserv) or should I just shut it down and wait
for the sendmail fix to be installed?  My other question is, what is
Listserv telling other Listservs when there are only 2 confidential
lists here?  The latter question was mentioned to me by another
Listserv Maintainer.

Finally, if you upgrade from the beta 1.8c version to the released
1.8c version as Eric suggests, do make a back up of your LAK! *blush*
I thought, incorrectly, that "make update" would not over write it.

--Trish
---------
Trish Forrest               [log in to unmask]
ITS - Queen's University
(613) 545-2014