Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 16:12:07 -0500
I'm a list-owner and I've just changed my list password and now I have an
odd problem.  I have several filename wildcards set in my filelist and if I
PUT new files based on one certain filename wildcard, there's no problem.
But if I try to PUT them under another certain wildcard, I'm told I'm
using an incorrect password EVEN THOUGH it's the same password.  I've
re-tried this many times and I've carefully checked the password used in
each case, and I believe I'm making no logical errors.  (I've tried using
the old password too -- no luck.) It seems that the Listserv doesn't like
the combination of the password with a certain wildcard, but it's okay for
another.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem?  Any advice on how to
straighten this out?  Thanks for any help.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]