Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:48:10 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:18:16 -0400, LISTSERV Listmaster
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>1.  Can chaging the List title in the header of an existing list have any
>affect aside from all new postings going out with a new title?

Well, it changes the list description in the worldwide list of lists also,
but that is not harmful.  If it is a radical change, you should probably
post a msg to the subscribers about "our new name" or something.  Most
people don't pay attention.  A few people might have mail filters set on
this so again it's wise to warn them about a change.

>2.  The listname.welcome gets sent out when someone subscribes themselves
>but what if they are subscribed by owner?

Yes, unless owner uses the QUIET option with the ADD listname command.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]