Rob Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 00:28:15 -0500
I received this address by posting to several different help news groups
for creating mailing lists.  I hope you are able to assist me.

I am looking for a site to host a mailing list that I would like to
start.  Preferrably, I am looking for a non-commercial site (meaning I would
*prefer* not to pay for a site, as the list would not be commercial).

I would like to start a list, which I have not decided on a name for, to
discuss the 1980 Movie Somewhree in Time.  The movie has a cult following.
There's an international fan club that produces a bi-monthly newsletter
and a yearly Somewhere in Time weekend on Macinack Island at the Grand Hotel,
where the film was shot.

I would like to evolve to the next level and offer a group in the net.  I
suspect that out of the box the list would have light traffic and would
grow over time.  I have discussed the idea with other fan club members and
others on the net and the response has been better than I expected.

Discussion in the newsletter range from memorabillia from the movie to
buy/sell, in-depth discussion of the film and of course discussion
regarding the SIT weekend.

Eventually, I would expect several subscribers to the list with 15-20
postings per day, ranging from several lines to paragraphs in size.

I would like the list to be unmoderated, however I would like to be the
list owner.  I have several names for the list selected but am waiting
to make a final decision.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob Ellis ([log in to unmask])