Mon, 27 May 1991 17:14:45 EDT
Hi,

  I have come to realize that a create password is required when
  a new list is created. This has got me puzzled and confused and would
  appreciate any info/help to educate me.

  As in the following example, a user XXX wants to create a new list
  LSTEST1. As a postmaster I can create it since only *I* know the
  the createpw in the sysvar local file. After creating it, XXX cannot
  modify the password, because listserv comes back saying he is not
  owner. XXX cannot create the new list since he does not know the
  createpw in sysvar local.

  Thanks       Ratilal