Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:16:57 -0500
>A listowner approved a message to the list and does not want it
>sent.  What do they do?  Since I was not readily available, they
>pulled the network cord out of the UNIX box so the mail would not go
>out.  Where is this message hiding so I can kill it.  There after I
>will kill the listowner....because now all lists have stopped
>mailing and I cannot telnet to the box, but had to come in person to
>the console, from my deathbed.
>
>Another message must go to this list in 1 hour.  Help!

If LISTSERV still has it it is in one of two places:

1) the listserv/home/ directory as a plaintext listname.ok* file
(listname is the name of the mailing list and there's a bunch of hex
characters after the "ok").

2) the listserv/spool/ directory as a .job or .jobh file (viewable
using the jobview executable in the same directory) or a .mail file
(plaintext).

If LISTSERV managed to hand it off to its outgoing SMTP server it
would be in that SMTP server's queue.  (For most Unix installations
this would be sendmail or whatever mail server is installed on the
same server as LISTSERV.  If the SMTP_FORWARD and/or SMTP_FORWARD_n
site configuration variables are set they will point to the SMTP
server(s) that handle LISTSERV's outgoing mail.)

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc