Bob Dunlap II <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 14:07:41 EST
I am the head of IFT's new "internet division" responsible for managing IFT's
presence on the internet. I would like to start a mailing list for our members
and for those interested in joining.

IFT (International Federation of Trekkers) is a Star Trek active member fan
club. Our members are brought together by Star Trek, but wish to do more than
discuss a TV show. We are active in community charities dealing with
everything from the environment to helping the homeless. We also have a strong
interest in space programs around the world. To find out more about our
organization, you may explore our WWW page which is located at
<http://infinet.com/~bobd2/ift/>.

The purpose of the requested mailing list is to increase the communication
within our organization and to serve as a place where potential members can
ask questions about IFT and have them answered by the people who run IFT. This
mailing list will also serve to keep IFT members up to date with IFT resources
on the internet, and news concerning IFT and IFT related-interests, such as
space exploration, the environment, and of course Star Trek. By using a
mailing list, members only need an email account instead of a more expensive
full internet account to access usenet news. A mailing list also allows
members to keep up with the latest news without having to interrupt their busy
schedules to keep up with a newsgroup.

Thank you for your time,

bob :)
----
 /\_/\   Bob L. Dunlap II  -  <http://www.infinet.com/~bobd2>
( o.o )  & Jacob "AS" (W+B+O)t G Y L+ W+ C+++ I+++ T+ A+ H+