Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 19:05:40 -0600
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:29:54 -0700, "Patrick B. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>How can I send my list server an email asking for all the owner's email
>addresses within each list?

Hmmm.  There is no such command that does exactly that.  What are you wanting
to do?

If you want to send an email to all (non-Quiet) Owners then mail to
ALL-REQUEST@...

(note, if on Unix, this alias is usually not automatically made by the
installation process/script, so you may need to make it manually.)

You also could (maybe should depending on your site and institutional
requirements) have a List Owner's List, i.e. a list which all Owners (quiet
and non-quiet) are required to belong to in order to have a list hosted on
your server.  (If they unsubscribe themselves, then you remove their list.)

If you want to find out all the lists owned by a given email address then

 LISTS OWNED BY user@address

(this command is only valid for Site Admins)

If you just want to find all the owners (quiet and non-quiet) for a specific
list then

 GET listname (HEAD

will return the complete list Header, which you can inspect.  You can also
view the List Header via the WWW interface with similar results.

Sending to the non-quiet Owner= for specific list send to

 listname-Request@...

(Note that sending an identical message to many listname-Request@... addresses
may 'trip' the LISTSERV SPAM filter and get your own address quarantined. This
is not good.)