Mike Whitt <VMSP@NCSUVM>
Fri, 9 Dec 88 10:53:52 EST
>I  have almost  finished  a  preliminary version  of  the LISTSERV-based  User
>Directory Database which I  had said a long time ago I  would write ...

We at North Carolina State Univ would like to participate in beta-test.
Chuck Kesler, here, already wrote a quick and dirty listserv db based service,
and we're eager to follow up on it.

Will this service be in any way compatible with X.500 services. While X.500
has not yet been net-wide implemented, it will likely be pursued.
I've been trying to convince our campus autonomous principalities (local nodes)
to implement common coded X.400/X.500 services. (pipe-dream?)

We have a list here, UDIR-L, for discussion of directory services.
I'll cross-post this note there to add to the excitement. Feel free to use
UDIR-L for cross-posting, if you wish.

Mike Whitt.  [log in to unmask]
VM Systems Programmer.
Computing Center