"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Aug 90 14:53:58 EDT
Thanks.  For other inexperienced users who may not fully understand your
answer:

The "notebook filelist" under LISTSERV is just a file header.  The information
following this header that you "GET" under the same filename is generated on
demand.  I did "GET" a couple of notebooks from sites I had access to, and
there was (in retrospect) a noticable delay from a site with a 1200+ record
file.  In our case (1 internal list, 1 notebook) this would appear harmless.