Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 1993 18:37:28 -0400
On Jun 28, 11:22, Chris Barnes wrote:
} One of the most popular newsreader software packages, trn, has what I
} consider to be a fairly serious bug.  It is seen when the poster either
} sends a reply, forwards to another user, or posts to a moderated
} newsgroup (in all cases, trn sends the post out via mail).  What happens
} is that a blank line is put in the middle of what should be the header.

This is odd.  I am unable to reproduce this with trn 2.4.  I will
check with trn 3.0.  Have you thought to send mail to Wayne Davison
about this?  There's still time for trn 3.0 patch 1.

This may be a news transport problem rather than news agent.  Can you
identify the trn and news versions responsible?  Trn 2.4+Bnews (recmail)
replies and messages to moderated newsgroup do *not* exhibit this problem.

Besides, I agree - shouldn't fix LISTSERV for the news reader's fault.

[I'm not subscribed to lstsrv-l, whoever's responsible for the subscriber
list might as well add me for the moment.  Thanks.]

--
Chris Lewis; [log in to unmask]; Phone: Canada 613 832-0541
Psroff 3.0 info: [log in to unmask]