Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:02:51 -0400
> > The sales representative said that 14.4 can run on the same box as any
> > SMTP server, but the LISTSERV documentation specifically states this is
> > not true.

Thanks for pointing this out, we will correct the documentation.

On Windows, there was a time when the major MTA products could not be
configured to listen to another port than 25, or to a specific IP address.
Since they also could not be taught how to deliver incoming mail to
LISTSERV, there was a problem. Nowadays, this is no longer the case. You can
configure the MTA to listen to another port, or to another IP address, than
the one LISTSERV is using.

  Eric