Catherine Buck Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:50:44 -0400
We are trying to set up Listserv for our library. We've installed
Listserv on an NT box. Our mail server is on an Alpha running OpenVMS
7.1 and Multinet 4.0c. I'm not sure how to get these two computers to
talk to each other. I can't even define the problem... is it tcp/ip, or
what. LSoft is telling us two different things... we need to register a
unique host name for the NT server with our DNS server OR (and this is
not good) take a look at this.

"This sort of looks like a 'listserv' mailbox exists on the server.
However,
LISTSERV doesn't look in a mailbox for its incoming mail.  With
sendmail,
for instance, delivery to LISTSERV is accomplished by making a set of
aliases as described in the installation guide that execute the lsv_amin
mailer program to place .job files into LISTSERV's spool directory.  I
don't
know how this would be done with MultiNet, or if in fact it can be done
with
MultiNet.  If MultiNet can't execute external programs to deliver mail,
it
probably won't work with LISTSERV.  We don't know anything about
MultiNet,
so we will not be able to help with that.  The best thing to do would
probably be to ask on the LSTSRV-L mailing list if anyone else has
succeeded in making LISTSERV work with MultiNet as its incoming mail
transfer agent."

If anyone out there has Multinet, I'd appreciate some help!! Thanking
you in advance...
--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Automation Librarian

The opinions stated herein are not necessarily those of SCSL.