Wed, 11 Aug 1993 14:40:00 CDT
As the one responsible for the CMU mail distribution problem that
David Jelinek mentioned, I'd like to thank him both for his assistance
in resolving the problem and for patiently explaining to a novice the
nature of the problem.

Because the source of the problem was obviously Cu Digest, there's one
minor clarification I ought to make. The suggestion that we used CMU's
system without permission is technically true, because we did not have
David's. However, both I, the CuD editor, and our local sysads,
believed that we had secured the proper permission to use the CMU
site, and we acted in good faith. We would never intrude into a system
without permission.

We have apologized to David for any misunderstanding, and we are
greatful him, and the other CMU personnel, who have provided us with
the distribution site for the last two months.

Jim Thomas, Professor, Sociology/Criminal Justice
Co-editor, Cu Digest
Northern Illinois University