Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:54:34 -0500
   Is anyone using a list exit in LISTSERV under NT 3.51 (we are at SP5).
We are trying to get them running but in normal run mode (LISTSERV started
as a system service) the xxx.CMD file is apparently not called
successfully and ALL mail to the list is rejected with a generic message.
If I run LISTSERV interactively (LSV START) then the exit works fine (at
least normal mail gets through and the exit is called)!

   This does NOT seem to be a problem calling REXX because we put some
statements in the CMD file to copy some of the info when it is called -
before it invokes REXX.  Those statements work fine if I run LISTSERV
interactively but not when running as a system service.

   I really am planning to upgrade our server and NT to 4.0 this Summer
but would sure like to get the exits going for some of our owners who want
to block Happy99.exe and attachments.  I'm not an NT guru so I was hoping
one of you might have run into this.  (I have checked with L-Soft but they
aren't aware of any problems with this and apparently no longer have
access to 3.51).

   Thanks!   Marty