Sun, 8 Dec 1991 22:30:28 EST
On Sun, 8 Dec 1991 15:07:52 GMT Avrum Goodblat said:
>I have looked thru all the listserv documentation I could find, and it
>seems that that there is NO way to maintain a filelist remotely
>from a unix site. All the commands seem to require TELL or other
>VM based packages on the remote site, which of course I dont have under
>unix. Please tell me I am wrong.

You are.:-)

>Basically, I need to be able to add and subtract file names from the
>filelist so that I can add new files as necessary.

All you need do is to send mail to LISTSERV with the same command you
would submit via TELL otherwise.

In other words, instead of

TELL LISTSERV AT FOOBAR blah blah blah

you send mail that looks like

Date:         Sun, 8 Dec 1991 15:07:52 GMT
From:         "Avrum Goodblat" <[log in to unmask]>
To:           [log in to unmask]

blah blah blah

(This assumes, of course, the the LISTSERV node is accessible via the
Internet, i.e., that FOOBAR and cc.foobar.ac.il are the same node.)