Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:12:36 +1100
>When an address has been served off yet continues to try to post messages,
>the spool fills with error files from this address and I get error
>notifications on these. I've tried adding the address to the Filter_Also
>parameter in the server start up configuration, but this doesn't seem to
do
>anything. Is there a way to filter messages using listserv that would
>prevent these errors?

Brian

it's not in the documentation that I can see but it appears that the order
of processing being done by LISTSERV is to check if the address is SERVED
OFF before checking FILTER_ALSO.

Try issuing a SERVE command for the address in question then see if
FILTER_ALSO will pick it up.  You should also add that address the the
TRAPIN parameter if they're a particularly pesky user and you don't want to
see any mail from them at all.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.