Bruno Robichaud <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:44:15 -0300
I'm afraid that I'm stuck with Windows OS, I toll my boss of Linux option
one time and I don't thing I will propose it to him again :P

Since I'm stuck with Win OS, they are really no other SMTP out there that
could do the job?

What would be a good rate for IIS SMTP like how many mail per day could this
SMTP take?

About the millions email I don't think we never going to send as many per
day, I just don't know how many they want to send so I just putted a very
high amount to be sure that our system will be performing really good.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IIS SMTP Issues Anyone?

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:54:46 -0300, Bruno Robichaud said:
> Hi, I was just wondering if other has the same issues with IIS SMTP, one
day
> it work, some other day not anymore.

Redmond Quality Software. :)

I don't know *anybody* who's using IIS SMTP for anything other than toy
workloads. If you're stuck with Windows, your best choice is probably
LSoft's
LSMTP or offload the heavy lifting to another box running some Linux or *BSD
with a good MTA such as Sendmail or Postfix or similar.

Also, I suspect that many of us here have a totally different definition of
"a
lot of mailing" than you do.  A million a day is "slow", a million an hour
is
getting up there, and I know people who are doing stuff at the 10M/hour
level
using Sendmail.

(Side note - throwing a million e-mails an hour is fairly easy once you
understand
your queue management.  *Catching* a million e-mails an hour is a lot
harder, mostly
because getting them into user mailboxes tends to be I/O intensive...)