Brian Bohlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:02:54 -0400
There seems to be a problem with the By_Owner web interface subscription
process in 1.8e.

I used the web interface to add myself to a list, which was set to
subscription= By_owner. As the owner I received the following email to use
to add the subscription, which has a bad form in the web interface section?

+++
 Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:30:09 -0500

From: "L-Soft list server at LISTSERV-TEST.CSO.UIUC.EDU (1.8e)"

Subject: CITES-TEST1-L: [log in to unmask] requested to join

To: No Name <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:30:09

A request  for subscription to  the CITES-TEST1-L list (CITES  test list)

has been received from No Name <[log in to unmask]>.

You   can,  at   your   discretion,  send   the   following  command   to

[log in to unmask] to add this person to the list:

               ADD CITES-TEST1-L [log in to unmask] No Name

The simplest way to do this is to click on the following link:

http://listserv-test.cso.uiuc.edu/wa?LCMD=ADD+CITES-TEST1-L+bohlmann%40UIUC.EDU+No+Name&L=CITES-TEST1-L

+++

Just to see what would happen if I used this form, I got the following
response from the web interface.

+++
ADD CITES-TEST1-L bohlmann%40UIUC.EDU No Name

No Name <[log in to unmask]> has been added to the CITES-TEST1-L
list. Notification has been sent to [log in to unmask]
+++

Does anyone have any ideas why it is translating/adding characters to the
address?

thanks
-Brian