Jim Gerland <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 09:30:23 -0400
I was asked this question privately but I thought I'd answer it to the
lstsrv-l list for everyone's input and comments.

> >I've begun testing and getting ready for migrating LISTSERV to Windows
> >NT.  So far, the evaluation test kit looks like it's working fine.  I
> >was wondering if you had any advice or suggestions about migrating the
> >lists.  The local lists shouldn't be a problem, but I'm mostly concerned
> >about migrating the peered lists.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

We're migrating from VM to unix but the process should be similar.

I'm doing this in steps.

1) I've already migrated all my lists that are "Confidential= No" and
   have "Notebook= No".
2) Next I will migrate all the "Confidential= Yes" and "Notebook= No"
3) Next I will migrate all "Notebook= Yes" that are "Peers= None"
4) Since I have 3 lists that are "Peers= Yes" I'll migrate them last.
   I hope to do away with the other peers by then but I may not since
   2 of them actually have a good reason to peer in that they have a peer
   here in the US and another in Europe.
Jim...