Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 19 Dec 87 17:47:00 SET
Phil found  a bug in LSVXMAIL  which may cause  LISTSERV to get into  VM READ.
With all the amount of stupid C programming  I had to do on these st*nking PDP
11  at  the time  I  rewrote  the IBM  NOTE  handler,  I forgot  the  'Return'
instruction at  the end  of the  routine. Sounds  silly, writing  a subroutine
without  a return  instruction. But  obviously it  can happen  after too  much
UNIXing. There was a 'If (something)  Then Return' which got triggered most of
the time, so I didn't find the bug when I tested the code...

I will be sending a FIX15M1  shipment to everybody tomorrow with this LSVXMAIL
fix in it. It will also include a new 1.5n feature (also in LSVXMAIL), wherein
the 'Date:' fields get analyzed and reformatted according to the RFC822 rules.
If the field is really too invalid,  today's date gets inserted instead. I got
tired of  'dd-mm-yy hh:mm:ss.uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu' from our  french VAXists
(no time zone, no day-of-week, but a nice run of zilchoseconds instead).

  Eric