"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:21:36 EDT
I guess I don't understand the details of the policy enough.

There are students who are PRIVATE and students that are not.

The faculty are prohibited from having lists of what?

1 - Name of all students on the list?
2 - Name of private students on the list?
3 - Name and email of all students on the list?
4 - Name and email of private students?
5 - Email of all students on the list?
6 - Email of private students?
7 - Other?

How about for

1 - change the subscriber program to change the name to Name Unknown
2 - change the subscriber program to instead of inserting Private, to
    change the name to Name Unknown
3 - Review=Postmaster
4 - Review=Postmaster - overkill
5 - Review=Postmaster - overkill
6 - Review=Postmaster - overkill

Of course I say this without having verified that Review=Postmaster
is legit. 4,5, and 6 really should probably be better with sub-lists.

/ahw