Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 11:45:06 CST
On Thu, 23 Feb 1995 20:40:23 PST Dave Gomberg said:
>Hey, Racine, I offered lists at $1 per member per month and if you are
>serious you will contact me.  But reading your mail you probably won't.

Dave's post got me thinging (since my initial thought was 'good God,
that seems too high').  What IS a fair price to pay for a list.  It
seems that the rate should be based not on the number of subscribers,
but how much outgoing traffic is generated.  For example:  a list with
20 subscribers could very easily generate more outgoing traffic than
a list with 1000 subscribers.

Since listserv lets us have several parameters: perhaps a chart of
  $x per subscriber per month for a DIGEST list
plus
  $x per non-Digest subscriber per month (Daily-Threashold=n)

If you raise "n", the rate goes up as well.  Hmmm, maybe my bosses
would like to get into the 'listserv services business' (but then Eric
would probably charge us more for the license).

Comments?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)

"If the mind can conceive it, the body can achieve it."
      Napoleon Hill  (in his book _Think & Grow Rich_)