Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 19 Jun 89 21:10:27 GMT
I  have just  read BOD31  89 and  I would  like to  make it  very clear  that,
although the LSTSRV-L list is listed  as being an EARN Special Interest Group,
I have not abided and do not plan  to ever abide by the rules defined for EARN
SIGs.  The LSTSRV-L  list is  an  open forum,  with no  Chairman, no  election
thereof,  no report  to  the Executive  Committee, no  report  to the  Network
Operations Group, no information of related EARN Project Groups, no nothing. I
have, of  course, not been asked  what I thought about  such a "re-labelling".
This is nothing but another very poor political attempt to put an "EARN" label
on LISTSERV, when less  than 25% of its usage takes place  on this network and
its author  just happens to  have been born in  the wrong country.  Anyway, if
EARN wants  a LISTSERV EARN-SIG, they  will have to  make a new list,  elect a
chairman, etc, and I'll make sure never to subscribe or even mail to it.

  Eric