Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:44:31 EST
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:45:56 +0000 Michael Harmon said:
>Hello,
>I'm the maintainer of the PowerBuilder PB-L mailing list and I'm
>having a problem here. I keep on receiving around 30 to 50 copies of
>the error message below.
>
>The problem address is:

> However, this address is not subscribed to the list. In fact,
>there's nobody even at that domain on the list. How can I find out
>where this eror message is coming from so I can delete the correct
>address?
>
>Thank you for your help!

Unfortunately there is no easy way that I am aware of.  In my experience these
errors are caused by someone forwarding their mail from some other address that
is subscribed to the list.  Other than sending an individual test message to
each person on the list (a CJL job is easiest for doing this) and waiting
for one of them to bounce, I don't know of another way to pin this sort of
problem down.

--Greg Kroll
  Virginia Tech Computing Center