Harold C Pritchett <HAROLD@UGA>
Wed, 29 Oct 86 15:54:27 EST
The mail for an editor is just forwarded to him.  Should present no problem
in the application you have described.  Before BITNIC decided to start
testing the FRECP11 listserv, Eric and I worked out a plan by which we could
actually use a network of FRECP11 type LISTSERVs to implement a complete
(well almost complete) peer network around a single BITNIC type server.
You would have two editors, one would be the list-name@ BITNIC, and the
other would be [log in to unmask]  Mail sent to any of the FRECP11 LISTSERVs
would be forwarded to the editor, [log in to unmask]  Mail from the BITNIC
list (remember, it comes from LISTSERV@BITNIC) would also be from an editor
and would be sent out to the list.  Proper use of the Peers= keyword would
also provide for automatic addition of new users at the correct server
(except for BITNIC, where it would have to be manual).  But, they are
now testing Eric's listserv and soon hope to have it up in production.

Hal