"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 9 Feb 89 12:04:10 GMT
LISTSERV will support  CP6. I anticipate no problem with  CP6 itself, but
if there are some, I will fix them.

As I had previously announced, LISTSERV will not be supported under CMS6.
Moving the LISTSERV code into a file-pool is a very bad idea, as it might
seriously impact performance, and I  do anticipate problems with parts of
the code (not just the assembler parts, but also stuff using LISTFILE and
expecting standard  CMS fileids). In  any case,  this is not  a supported
configuration, and if it breaks, I won't fix it. The SFS delirium will be
supported by LISTSERV when  and if IBM comes with a  version of CMS which
can work under both SP and XA  and provide identical functions in the two
environments. For your information, rumour  has it that IBM is completely
redesigning the  SFS because, as  you might  have expected, they  had not
realized  that the  approach they  took with  SP6 would  be such  a major
system bottleneck on  "large" systems. Which is probably  why they didn't
implement it at all under XA so far.

  Eric